11 December 2009

Anniversary #4

Adam and I have been keeping ourselves pretty busy lately, so I'm just getting around to catching up on the blog. Adam started the new school year in the middle of September. He is taking Biochemistry, Physics Lab, Genetics, Pacific Natural History, a 1 credit research lecture, and auditing Spanish, so he's in the library a lot (or he should be). He's also still working at McDonald's but not as many hours as before.

I'm still substitute teaching, but on the days I don't get called, I babysit my friends' 8 month old daughter. I also just started a new position at the aquarium as a docent. I basically teach groups of kids in the classroom then take them out into the aquarium and teach them some more stuff. On top of that, I just got a position as an assistant coach of the BYU-Hawaii softball team. It's just volunteer, but the new coaching staff is awesome, we have some really good players, and we're expecting to go pretty far this year.

Okay, now for some pictures.



Adam and I just celebrated our 4th anniversary on Wednesday. When his parents came, they went on a catamaran trip in which they went snorkeling and were supposed to see some dolphins. Since they didn't see any, they were given return tickets that they gave to us, so we decided to use them on our anniversary. It was a really nice day. They actually took us to one of our favorite spots, Electric Beach. On the way back, we saw a big pod of Hawaiian spinner dolphins that swam right in front of us.



They made us wear those gay life vests if we were going snorkeling.



After our catamaran trip, we ate dinner then went to the Polynesian Cultural Center to go to the Haunted Lagoon, a haunted canoe ride. It was fun. That's about all with us for now.

2 comments:

Eric and Heidi-Evalyn Kowallis said...

Wow jenni- That is so cool the things you are doing right now. That's great that you are able to bring in some money and play with a cute little baby. I love 8-14 months with other peoples kids because it is such a fun and cute stage. That is the age I worked with at the daycares a lot. Hawaii looks absolutely beautiful and we hope we can vacation there one of these years. If you are here maybe we will have to bring you with so you can show us the hot spots! Love you both!

Eric and Heidi-Evalyn Kowallis said...

I just watched your home video. That is sooo cool! You were out with the dolphins! They are so beautiful!